It is important to understand that if you were recently diagnosed with
mesothelioma, you have legal rights. Contact the
asbestos cancer lawyers at Worthington & Caron, PC today for a full explanation of
those rights. Although companies knew of the
risks of asbestos as early as the 1920s, it was still widely used in manufacturing and in
the military. Companies that negligently exposed people to asbestos should
have to pay for the resulting damage.
Mesothelioma is expensive, with treatment costing in the millions of dollars
for some patients. Victims deserve the best treatment possible to improve
their prognosis, but without the money they need, this can be impossible.
That’s where asbestos litigation comes into play.
Asbestos litigation has been going on for some time now, so many companies
have already admitted to wrongdoing and set up compensation funds for
victims. If you were exposed to asbestos and recently diagnosed with mesothelioma,
you may be entitled to compensation via one of these funds.
Your Legal Right to Compensation
If you are entitled to compensation for mesothelioma, it is important that
you understand a few things about this money:
- It cannot be taxed – Compensation is not income
- You get to keep your other benefits
- Family members can recover compensation for loved ones killed by mesothelioma
- A lawsuit is not always necessary to obtain compensation
- Statute of limitations – There is a limited amount of time to file
a claim for compensation
diagnosis is tragic, but compensation is your first step to getting the treatment
– and the justice – that you and your family deserves. To
learn more, we encourage you to
contact Worthington & Caron, PC today for a free evaluation of your case.