On June 7 some of the leading physicians involved in the
diagnosis and treatment of pleural mesothelioma will meet at the Sheraton Delfina
in Santa Monica, California for the 4th Annual International Symposium
on Lung-Sparing Therapies for Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma. The symposium
will be an all-day affair and begin at 8 am.
Worthington & Caron is proud to sponsor this symposium for the fourth consecutive year.
Dr. Robert B. Cameron will lead the symposium. In addition to being the Director of the UCLA
Mesothelioma Comprehensive Research Program, Dr. Cameron also is the Chief
Surgery at the West Los Angeles VA Medical Center and Scientific Advisor at the
Pacific Meso Center.
Although the seminar is geared toward physicians, it also offers continuing
medical education credit and the latest information on mesothelioma for
medical students, nurses, mesothelioma patients and their families
The Symposium is co-hosted by UCLA and the
Pacific Meso Center. Joining Dr. Cameron will be several physicians (both 'home-grown'
and international colleagues) and mesothelioma advocates, including:
- Olga Olevsky, MD, of UCLA Medical Center
Percy Lee, MD, Chief Thoracic
Radiation Oncology at UCLA
- Dr. Richard Lemen, Former Assistant Surgeon General of the United States
- Irene I-Lan Wu, MD, UCLA Pain Management Center
- Joachim Aerts, MD, of Erasmus MC Cancer Institute in the Netherlands
- Jan P. van Meerbeeck, MD of Antwerp University Hospital in Belgium,
- Linda Reinstein, President/CEO and Co-Founder Asbestos Disease Awareness
The symposium will be divided into four sessions: Lung-Sparing Surgical
Techniques, Lung-Sparing Adjuvant Therapies, Potential Future Adjuvant
Therapies and Supportive Therapies.
To register for the symposium,
For a copy of the brochure,